[SEL] ot- FATG clutch question

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sun Oct 29 20:00:48 PST 2006

---- ELIDAS at aol.com wrote:
> I have a Case VA that has a blown clutch. This is not a pristine restored
> tractor (maybe someday) . I use this around the yard. Is there any reason I
> shouldn't use a regular automotive clutch?  The tractor clutch doesn't have  any
> springs in the disc. Will this make a difference?
>  Mike Semanoff
>  Waterbury, Connecticut

Be sure you have room for the springs by the flwheel bolts and when the clutch fingers are depressed. They're threre for smoother operation, had a Chevy pickup we installed a rebuilt clutch in, the hub was pinched, springs were ineffective. It had a growl when accelerating.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA