[SEL] Arden part 2

Mike Royster mr at carolina.rr.com
Sun Oct 29 09:16:30 PST 2006

After spend the night at Steve's and listening to the falling mist all night, we awoke to the beauty of the fall scenery in the mountains, accompanied by more gentle falling mist!!!  However, by the time we made Bojangles about 8, we could actually see sunshine ahead, and long story short, it was a beautiful SUNNY day!!!!!  True, a gentle breeze or two but a great day to show motors.  I was there, the Hollands with the Alamo, Shane Ball, a few of the Cotton Ginning boys, and THOUSANDS of spectators.  It was pcaked an all had a good time.  Late that morning T Berry and the Herndon boys did come strolling by for a nice visit.  When I inquired about their engines Mr Berry kinda looked down and scuffed his feet, then mumbles something about the wrong set of keys and a locked trailer.  However, he quickly rebounded and led me to many treasures in the display area, something he could do because HE WAS THERE!!!!!!

We had a great day and answered many hiliarous questions about our "steam engines".  It was a fun time for all and we missed those of you that could not come due to health reasons, conflicting schedules, or spilled Crazy Glue in your chairs in front of the computers and could not come because it might rain!!!    This morning was just as gorgeous and yes many had left, but fun was had by all.

  As for Dave and Arnie, well they did what they do best.  They tried to deflect attention from the facts, hearty souls go to the show!!!!

See yall at the next one!
Fresh from sunny Arden,
Mike (cloistered oyster) Royster