[SEL] Webshots and Firefox ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Oct 27 11:09:08 PDT 2006

Hi All,
         Does anyone have the same problems as me when trying to see pics
on some of the webshots free sites.
         I use Firefox on Win 2000 and have a slowish (115.2 kbps) dialup
connection (in lighter Africa) and the pics just do not show up - not even
the thumbnails. I think that webshots loads so much advertising and other
stuff (read as "crap") first that the connection just resets before the
actual pics have had a chance to download. (It does work "eventually" in
IE. unfortunately but I prefer not to use that software).
         When the thumbnail page comes up (sans thumbnails) I can still
click on the printed link but the result is the same - placeholder but no
pic !!
         I'd appreciate any input (apart from suggesting that I use IE).
         Here is an example of a page that does not work for me:
<http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/555136787szkzzX>

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---