[SEL] OT: Thank You All Again

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 26 07:43:47 PDT 2006

Thank you all again for the many, many kind words from my engine friends
both on and off list. They have been a great help at this difficult time.
We buried my dad on Wednesday with much sadness at his passing but much joy
at the stories told by the many people his life had touched. There was a
massive crowd at the church and graveside and also one of the largest sights
of old cars short of a major rally. There were so many cars that had
memories for our family and so many people who said 'I had to bring it
because your father would have loved to see it'. The funeral procession was
led by my sisters and I driving dad's beloved '28 A Fords and my mother
driving her Ford Capri (a 40th wedding anniversary present only a month
ago).
There were so many people whose lives were touched by my father and they all
brought their happy memories with them. To know that he brought so much joy
and support to so many people is something that will be a great help through
the sad times ahead with a large gap in our world.
The core of my engine collection are still the engines that we recovered
together and they will always bring back the happy memories. Moments like
this one:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/fJ/pumperasfound3.JPG

Thank you all again,
Patrick