[SEL] Cast Iron Pistons

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun Oct 22 20:27:41 PDT 2006

Paul,
    Has he checked with Ken Meeks to make sure he doesn't have a piston
close to what is needed?  If it were my engine, the diameter of the bore
and wrist pin would be the key numbers.  A piston 1/8 larger in dia.
would work, just shave 1/8 off it.  If the "located" piston is shorter
than the original in distance from the center of the wrist pin to the
top of the piston, that wouldn't be a problem.  It would lower the
compression ratio a bit but for what we do with these things, it will
never be noticed.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY