[SEL] Canandaigua Pageant of Steam 2006 pictures up

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Fri Oct 20 20:50:46 PDT 2006

Thanks for posting the picture links for the steam stuff too!
I didn't get to go this year, but the Pageant folks have been doing a lot to
get the steam back in the picture, in spite of a tough climate in New York
State for historical boilers. For a few years, it looked like the steam was
going to "sunset" at this show, but with the addition of a new engine house,
another stationary engine ( Allis Corliss), reboilered traction engine ( I'm
not sure of the make), and an up turn in steam exhibitors, there is usually
something new each year in the steam department. I hope the trend continues,
it's good to see new faces and new exhibits along with the "old regulars". I
think the fellows there deserve a lot of credit and recognition for their
efforts, maybe we'll see Rick there next year!
Best Regards;
Jim Mackessy