[SEL] Need Spring Help

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Thu Oct 19 22:49:51 PDT 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Paul Maples wrote:

> Folks I am going bonkers trying to find a source for this spring:
>
> http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/
> StoverRebuild87B.jpg
>
> I have been working with McMaster Carr for two days and they
> seemingly don't want to help me. I have sent them the same picture
> as the one above of the spring and dimensions and have ask them to
> please give me a part number of a spring that they have that will
> be comparable to the one in the picture. All they do is refer me to
> the spring section of their catalog which I tried to use but
> without success.
>
> Can someone tell me where I can go to find one of these springs? It
> is for my fuel pump on the 1905 Stover I am working on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,
Jeff Allen was peddling springs on ebay a while back.  Wasn't he?
Maybe I dreamt it.  It can't hurt to ask him.  Buy a bucketful, find
something close, keep cutting it until it doesn't work anymore and
then add one coil.

   Rob Skinner
   1721 Brookdale Avenue  •  La Habra, CA 90631 • 562.694.2301
   rskinner at rustyiron.comhttp://www.rustyiron.com