[SEL] Fw: Need parts for Stover Fuel Pump?

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 16:58:57 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Maples
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 5:22 PM
Subject: Need parts for Stover Fuel Pump?

Ok gang my nerves are finally settled down after the big explosion in the shop so now I need your help again. Take a look at the plunger that came out of the pump. There are two views of the plunger:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/StoverRebuild75.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/StoverRebuild76.jpg

These pictures were taken after I had put the plunger in a lathe and spun it while using some 150 sandpaper. Is this plunger useable or not? If not does anyone know where I can get another one. The plunger is badly pitted and this is why it was stuck in the bore of the pump.

It is 3.182" long X .625 diameter and of course it is hollow for the spring to go into.

The pump had (2) .375 steel balls for check valves. I am hoping I can find these locally as they are a common size.

Guys let me know what you think about the plunger?

Thanks