[SEL] Need Help on Stover Fuel Pump

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 15:11:18 PDT 2006

Ok Francis, Ron, Tom, and Bo the grease gun trick worked great. A zerk
fitting screwed perfectly into the intake of the fuel pump. Screwed the zerk
in, put a plug in the discharge of the pump and then had to run to town to
get a tube of grease, came back hooked up the gun and went to pumping. I
pumped until I could pump no more then stopped and lit off the torch and
gently began to heat the outside of the pump then all of a sudden it was
teeth, hair, eyes and chittlins as an explosion typical of the Hiroshima
Atom Bomb blast shook the shop and shrapnel (just the plunger, check ball,
and spring) was flying everywhere. Here is the setup I used:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/StoverRebuild82.jpg

The plunger took off like a A-4 rocket and hit the top of the ceiling of the
shop. See evidence:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/StoverRebuild81.jpg

I had to set down and calm my nerves as I have not been this pumped up since
they were firing at me in Vietnam with a machine gun and then I pressed
myself to the ground and looked like Gumby.

Thanks guys for the excellent tip. I will be posting a follow up message to
this one in a few minutes as I think I am going to be needing some parts.

Paul