[SEL] Jay Leno steam engine?

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Thu Oct 12 11:54:40 PDT 2006

OK.  Here is the story.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California
USA
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3009370&f=0

Hi Ron,
The engine came from a collector in Pennsylvania.  It was originally in
the Ford museum and was purchased from the museum during one of their
auction sales in 1990 by the PA collector..  It is a Wright variable cut
off engine with a 10 foot diameter flywheel.  The entire engine weighs
about 14,000 pounds and was built circa 1880.  It will be run on steam
and is currently being installed on a new concrete foundation in the Big
Dog Garage in Burbank, Ca.  I knew about the engine and made
arrangements to have Jay Leno get in touch with the collector and they
made a deal.  The engine is in very nice original condition.  I think
there are many rumors floating about concerning the engine but Jay has
great ideas and it will be a wonderful addition to his collection of
cars and motorcycles.  He is a true motorhead and loves old mechanical
machinery.
Greg