[SEL] Austral Question

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Oct 9 16:37:35 PDT 2006

At 09:52 PM 10/3/2006, you wrote:
>DAVE.There are 4 drain points on most Austral's.One on the main pipe
>between the tank and the pump,this drains the water tank only.Then there
>are 3 small drain cocks on the water pump.One on each valve block and one
>on the pump body.The one on the top valve block will drain the engine
>block out.If you don't open these the water in the cylinder block will not
>drain.
>EDD PAYNE

Hi Edd,
         I find ONLY two drain cocks on the water pump body. Patrick has
sent me pictures (off list) and they show the same--ie two drain cocks.
I've poured a bit of antifreeze into the two chambers on the water pump and
put out the word for 25 gallons of used antifreeze. I REALLY appreciate
everyone's help on this matter!
         Dave
PS, Ran the Austral for about 3 hours today--sure love that sound!
PPS, Do you know the difference between a "drain" cock and a "pet" cock?