[SEL] Friend found a Famooose, Part I

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Oct 4 17:29:26 PDT 2006

Jimmy, the engine engine weighs in at around 4,000.  Even with the cylinder
and piston removed, it would be quite a chore to flip it upside down and
wheelbarrow it.  We have discussed jacking the engine up, putting planks
under the flywheels and roll it out on the flywheels.  I've seen pix's of
similiar methods used for retriving oil field engines.

  btw, gang.. Corky wanted me to ask if the lower main bearing bronze/brass
can easily be removed as the base and sub-base may have to spend the winter.
And you all know what brass goes for nowdays :-(

 Take Care, Jimmy and thanks for the reply.  I'll run it by him.

Regards,
RickinMt.