[SEL] Re: Samson Iron Works - Stunning Original Photographs

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Nov 30 08:50:02 PST 2006

DAMN Kalifornia kollectors anyway!!  No damn wonder the rest of us are
flooded in Hercs & John Deers and lack slide valves and sideshafts.

I was thinking more along the lines of six makes of "four-poster" engine
identified so far.  Five made in KA, one in England.  Pretty much a
Kalifornia Koncept to my way of thinking.

As this thread developed, I was wondering if geographical isolation played
a part?  The KA engine developers didn't see much of what was going on
elsewhere, but did see the guy on the next block who was building a
four-poster, so he copied that idea.

Likewise, the KA engines didn't go east of the Rockies in any significant
numbers and so didn't influence other engine designers.  Zat make sense?

See ya,  Arnie