[SEL] OT. Local fires

Barry & Tanya Stait bst41474 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 29 17:14:46 PST 2006

Hi all,
I have not long got up and going after spending from 10p.m. on Tuesday night
to 7.30p.m. Wednesday on the Green Gully fire just outside Mudgee. Over
2000ha burn so far on this fire. Started from a lighting strike. Luckily we
had out of area crews here to help with property protection. They had come
to help with the Bylong Complex fire, but at the time it was quite.
But that changed when the Bylong Complex Fire also broke containment lines
after a south easily change came thru late Tuesday afternoon.
There is also a large fire on top of Mt Frome just outside Mudgee witch is
burning out of control as fire fighter can't get to it.
At one stage yesterday there was 18 confirmed fire in the Mid Western Shire,
most from a storm that passed through the area on Tuesday.
As Senior Deputy Captain of Mudgee HQ, the next few day could be very busy
for me and all our other members.
What we need is a lot of rain, witch doesn't look like coming for a long
time let ( March/ April next year.).