[SEL] Wolseley R Type - update

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Nov 28 23:57:05 PST 2006

Hi Guys,
         My 1928 Wolseley 6 hp type "R" went on it's first outing to
Neville Botha's open day on Saturday. Some of you may remember that this is
the engine that I got without flywheels and fitted a set of Lister
flywheels to. It is not painted yet and I just mounted it on a temporary
base and water tank (fire extinguisher bottle) - it ran sweetly all day.
Everyone loved it. Remember that these are very rare in South Africa - only
2 on record and this is the first restored one we know of.
         I do not have any pics of it at the show yet but have updated it's
webpage if anyone cares to have a look:
         <www.oldengine.org/members/evans/WolseleyR/index.htm>

         There is also an article on making the reproduction
silencer/muffler here:

         <www.oldengine.org/members/evans/WolseleyR/silencer.htm>

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans