[SEL] Chips on the floor....

Edd Payne edsengns at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 20 22:53:13 PST 2006

Hi Curt.What you do is put some shafting between centres.Then take a cut at
the headstock end and measure the dia.Then with the same setting on the
cross slide take a cut at the tailstock end.If there is a difference in dia
ie 1" head 1.010' tail then you need to move the tailstock towards the
front.,you then repeat the procedure till you get the same dia both ends.If
you have an adjustable head stock you need to set it first by turning a
length of material held only in the  chuck and checking it for parallel.
0263742387
edsengns at optusnet.com.au
edsengns