OT: Re: [SEL] patina on brass

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Sun Nov 19 07:48:46 PST 2006

Hello Bob,
	I was quite serous when I said the below. It works. But, I wasn't
thinking of new purchased hardware. Purchased hardware has a hard
protective coating on it to preserve the shine. This must be removed
before you try anything. The protective coating used to be clear lacquer
but they may be using clear coat such as the clear coat they use on
autos now.
	Or, like someone else said, return it to the store and exchange for the
antique finished items.

Rupert

Rupert Wenig wrote:
> Hello Bob,
>     Your friendly neighborhood cat will do a good job of putting a
> patina on new brass. Just put it in his litter box where he can pee on
> it a few times.
>
> Rupert
>
> Bob Matthews wrote:
>> What method may be used for making new brass look old?  I have a
>> friend who wants to make some new cabinet hardware look like the old.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob

yvt

Rupert Wenig