[SEL] Re: Molasses Derusting

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Nov 14 08:36:11 PST 2006

>>Interestingly, the bug
>>piddle is acid.  They eat the sugar and excrete
>>acid.  It is that
>>acid that effects the rust on your engine parts.
>>
>>Rob

Interesting that it is simply the creation of acid that does the trick.
I don't have near the patience for the molasses method, hence why I used
the 20% sulfuric acid to clean the inside of the cast iron tank on the
last engine I did.  In two hours it was done. I'd suspect the sulfuric
acid was cheaper than the molasses would have been. I think I paid less
than a dollar a gallon for the 99% pure stuff. Bot 5 gallons.....
Curt