[SEL] Allen Magneto Tester Instruction Manual

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 12 18:16:05 PST 2006

Is yours one of the white floor model machines that will also test
generators, if so I may can help.  Pretty much testing mags on ours is just
spinning it to see how hot it is on impulse and then speed it up until it
quits impulsing and see how hot it is there. Alot of mags are hotter on
impulse than at operating speed. Rule of thumb I have always been taught is
you need a 6mm (1/4") arc. You can deal with a little less than that but if
you are hand cranking you need all you can get.

John Hall