[SEL] RE: Rare Decals

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Nov 9 09:28:56 PST 2006

Hi Lew,

I think your best bet is to take a good high-resolution digital photo of
the decal then clean the image up using something like PhotoShop.  You may
end up editing at the pixel-by-pixel level if there's a lot of detail.

I think Dave Croft did that once for a Bessemer decal.

Once you have a good, clean digital image, there are a number of vendors
who can make the physical decal.

If you go ahead with the process be sure to post your experience to the
list.

Good luck!

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Have you considered leaving the original paint and decal on the
machine and just "brightening things up" with boiled linseed oil?  You can
always sandblast and paint, but you can't replace an original finish and
decal.  You might be seriously reducing the value of your rare machine by
repainting.

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com