[SEL] OT mouse nest found

cgandree at mchsi.com cgandree at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 1 03:16:36 PST 2006

Just to bring everyone up to date who tried to help with my dead mouse delima
in the wifes Toyota.  Last night after tearing out the glove box I discovered
the internal air filter compartment.  After some difficulty in even removing
the cover due to the very extensive packing material jamed in and around the
paper filter (what was left of it) there was the was the damn nest made up of
just about every known and unknown bits of material.  Found five dead mice in
the nest.  Poor buggers had died since I killed the mom several nights ago.
After inspecting with a mirror and bright light discovered one of the little
beggers had stuck between the plastic fins of the squirrel cage fan of the
blower and was rotting to high heaven.  As yet I am not able to totall remove
the fan and motor assemble so looking for some sort deoderant to mask the
smell other then skunk piss (Arnie your no help as usual!).  I am trying to
avoid tearing all the wiring harness and half the underside of the dash board
out to get that fan unit out for better cleaning.
Thanks to all who gave good suggestions.
Curt