[SEL] More Rusty Iron

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed May 31 12:04:20 PDT 2006

Tom,
    Actually it contained oil instead of grease.  The oil would sling
around inside and there was the adjustment on top to set how much was
allowed down into the rod to oil the bearing.  I've never seen one on an
International like it before.  The rod oilers were sometimes a bit
messy.  Grease would "ooze" out around the bearing and would sling off
in a glob and would pretty much stay where it landed.  With the oiler,
the excess would sling off in drops and would end up running on down the
rear, sides and anywhere else on the engine.  The rod oilers are a neat
feature though.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY