[SEL] Piston clearance

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu May 25 06:48:58 PDT 2006

Once you resize the piston and recut the grooves to the proper depth, like
Arnie said make sure there is meat left - then be REALLY sure to leave
enough ring end gap - you'll likely need to file the ends a bit. The rings
will be sized for a standard bore.
You don't want them to get hot and expand and and seize in the bore.
On a car it can snap piston tops - on a tractor, I suspect it will gaul
(sp)cylinder walls and break rings.

Bill
(From hot and humid and dusty Waukee.........)