[SEL] Wally-World & Engine Racks--Long

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Mon May 22 08:09:06 PDT 2006

I've been wanting to do this project for some time. I finally got to the
point I had no floor space to store more engines and that was hampering my
desire in this hobby. So, off to the auction at Wall-Mart. This was a small
town then came the box store. A few years later the store wasn't big enuf so
now we have a Super Box Store, with the contents of the old one sold at
auction.
It's interesting at auctions where there are lots of the same thing such as
shelving. The bidding starts on say one unit of shelving and ends with "how
many do you want at that price?" First pallet rack (2 ends, 6 cross pieces)
went for $280. The guy took about 6 of them. Next bid, $280? No, $250? no,
$225? yea, some sold. Next, $200? no an so on. I bought 5 for $50 per.
Put them up yesterday and now have lots of room. Sorry I didn't do this long
ago.
If interested there are some pictures here;
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009545&a=32188514&f=

Dave