[SEL] Engine Cleaner?

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Thu May 11 23:58:14 PDT 2006

Gus...

You are right that oven cleaner does a great job on heavy dried out grease
but it definitely should NOT be used if you are trying to preserve the
original paint under the grease.  I'm in the process of cleaning up a 1918
IHC M 1-1/2 hp. that is going to be repainted anyway so I have been using
oven cleaner on the heavy stuff and find that it takes paint off better
than most of the commercial paint strippers on the market.  It has been
doing a great job on the grease.  You can buy it by the gallon where
commercial cleaning supplies are sold much cheaper than the spray cans
available in the market.

Regards,
Larry Evans

At 10:19 PM 5/11/2006, you wrote:
>  John, Kelly uses oven cleaner ,it works good if there greasey good
> luck-----------------GusWhittier, CA

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net