[SEL] Blacksmithing / Anvils

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri May 5 19:12:31 PDT 2006

Keith,
  Cone patterns are ready made. Just grab a large traffic cone. Want a
larger one? Take two(or more) of the cones and graft them together. To
make it solid enough to ram sand against it Take a piece of stove pipe
and shoot some of the expanding foam around it. That will stiffen the
cone and make it light enough to move easily.  To make a core use the
same method. Don't make the cone solid, most of them are about 3" walls
unless they are the smaller ones.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York