[SEL] RE: Castings/now hot bulb engines

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Fri May 5 15:33:48 PDT 2006

Hi Russell,
The hot tube engines use a constant flame. It heats an area on a tube
coming out of the engine head to red hot temperatures. On the compression
stroke it pushes the fresh air/fuel mixture up the tube and when it hits
the red spot it ignites. Here's a picture of the one I recently built for
my Field-Brundage engine, it uses a 1/8" tube about 8" long-
http://www.oldengine.org/members/andrew/otherpr.html
Andrew.

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com