[SEL] Flaming

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Fri May 5 03:58:37 PDT 2006

Helen ,  was it  a rap on the knuckles or was it a flame ? OK,I don't have a
problem with either.
. All I did was respond to the increase of OT subjects ,yes I know  there is
the
delete key ,but sometimes we do like to punish ourselves and read some of
the bullshit that comes along.
 You may recall recently some poor bastard included in his
postings reference to his religious beliefs. His fundamentalist references
to the bible evoked quite a belligerent and insulting  response from some
members,
.......were they Flamed?
This individual was harmless ,did not insult anyone but did he cop it for
stating his beliefs and that was only what was on the list. He has now
unsubscribed, he did and  would have, I am sure
had further engine related comments to contribute but now we have lost him.
I don't give a damm what his beliefs were but he did not get a fair go. His
replies to critics were quite predictable and those of a zealot but they did
not warrant the abuse he received

However, expected as they were, some of the responses to my comments were
light hearted so  I wont go away and sulk.

Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia
''Heart of the Rainbow Coast ''