[SEL] Blacksmithing / Anvils / photo

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed May 3 17:39:32 PDT 2006

Here is a photo of my anvils that I pick up occasionally at auctions or
elsewhere.  The largest on the far right is a 250# and the tall one on the left is
a cone anvil for shaping rings.  One in the basement is a Peter Wright, 1893
by serial number on it, and been on Millie's farm ever since anyone can
remember.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/MVC-006s%20(2).jpg

I collect these for old age when I can no longer start engines and will mount
them on a trailer, taking them to shows, and let the kids hammer on them all
day.  No grease, no oil, no gas, no starting problems, etc.  Just sit in the
easy chair all day and enjoy the show!

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com