[SEL] Blacksmithing / Anvils / Humor (OT)

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Wed May 3 16:39:08 PDT 2006

   I have an old engine and Dodge Bros. collector for a friend up the
road who holds an annual anvil/cannon shoot get-together every Labor Day
weekend. He does this as a "Test Firing" for the 'real' anvil shoot
that's he holds the following week in the mining town of Columbia, about
3 miles from me. I shot a video of one of his shoots about 3 years ago
and it's available at http://www.oldengineshed.com/videos/anvil.mpg (the
guy lighting the fuse is actually a friend of his). The file's about 1.4
meg in size. The noises in the background are the engines on my large
engine trailer that was displayed at this particular meet (2004?). OBTW,
The cannon shoot is also available at
http://www.oldengineshed.com/videos/cannon.mpg (about 602k in size), for
those interested in big booms!

-Steve