[SEL] Blacksmithing / Anvils

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed May 3 08:08:18 PDT 2006

Hi Rick,

A couple of comments....

Personally, I think those Nimba anvils are butt-flucking UGLY.  They might
be ideal and practical for a working smith, but they would do nothing for
someone to whom esthetics mattered.

Over the years I lost many an anvil at auctions to some Yuppie couple who
wanted to paint it puce and put it next to the fireplace.  The purchase
dynamics are very different if you're buying an accent piece for home
decoration or if you're buying a working tool.  Don't forget the Yuppie
market when you do your sales projections.

Finally, I think if you could sell a nice traditional style 260 pound
anvil with a good ring for $500 you'd sell a bunch!!

See ya,  Arnie