[SEL] Edd's 10hp Famous

edd payne edsingns at winsoft.net.au
Wed May 3 06:33:21 PDT 2006

Thanks for putting up the pics Patrick.I have had this engine for about 12
years.I found it at the bottom of a gully where it had been pushed by a
dozer.I spent a full day on my own and dismantled the engine and winched it
out bit by bit with the winch on my trailer.I reassembled it and got it
going the following week.Since then I have obtained a cart that was found
for me by Brock.I had screen coolers made for this engine and my 8hp Famous
about 2 years ago but had not got around to fitting them.On the 10hp
everything regarding the cooling system was missing and I have had to fit a
water pump all the pipe work and the screen cooler.The next job is to fit a
fuel tank that I will make soon and connect it all up.After this is all done
it will be put to work on our wood saw to cut winter fire wood.My 6hp Mogul
is doing this job at the moment.This work will run in the piston rings that
I have fitted and be good fun as well.
EDD PAYNE
PO BOX 364 GULGONG
New South Wales  AUSTRALIA 2852