[SEL] Tod Engine Works/Foundation Announcement

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Tue May 2 15:40:06 PDT 2006

After only two months of full time operation of the foundry we are moving!
I've made an agreement with the owners of the property behind the Tod Engine
museum site to buy the property and buildings and move the foundry to that
location.

The property in question is 3 acres.  One of the buildings is a truck
terminal and the other is a three bay garage.  Both are concrete block
construction.  The property is contiguous with the Tod Engine museum.

I plan to move the foundry into the truck terminal and use the garage as a
restoration shop for the museum.  The end of the terminal building is set up
with offices and I'll be able to finally move our office from my residence
as well as assemble the technical library in one site.

There is plenty of flat land so that we can expand our yearly open house
into an annual engine show. (like we need more shows!)

I am looking to buy a 300 pound furnace to replace the 100 pounder that I
currently use.  As Curt can attest my big bottleneck is melting capacity.  I
can triple my daily output with a larger furnace.

We're buying the site via land contract and in ten years the property will
be ours free and clear.  It certainly is a step in the right direction for
us, allows us to bring everything to one location as well as providing more
land for expansion.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799
www.todengine.org

William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark