[SEL] Monitor VJ

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Mar 28 06:29:38 PST 2006

Craig,
The battleship grey is indeed the original colour of Baker Monitor
engines. However, if you think burgundy doesn't do it justice, grey on a
VJ will simply bore you to sleep. Yawn....
Authenticity aside we decided we would detour from the original colours
and go with burgundy and black accents. Essentially if the parts were
stationary we painted them burgundy, and the parts that rolled or
oscillated were painted black. All done this is how it turned out.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/DevinsBakerMonitorRebuild/P8150039.JPG>

Colour is certainly in the eye of the beholder, but we still feel this
was a more attractive choice over the original grey.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
P.S. Same burgundy color code as early 70's Jaguar sedans.