[SEL] Magneto/Battery Ignition Question

svsuzanne at copper.net svsuzanne at copper.net
Sun Mar 26 02:19:22 PST 2006

NEVER try to hook a battery directly to a magneto. It's sure death for the
mag. This method of starting an engine works very well but you must use a
double pole switch like a knife switch.  One side goes to a battery and coil
and the other pole goes to the mag.  The center contact goes to the igniter.
This is low tension stuff we are talking about not the high tension like a
Ford T.  Do a search on Smoke Stake and to will find many good articles on
this subject.
Good Luck.
DanR