[SEL] Ruston Move Update

Paul Evans paul at semidiesel.com
Sat Mar 25 00:03:44 PST 2006

Apologies to all those who have donated and are wondering about the lack
of updates! We have kept delaying and delaying the update in the hope
that something would change.

The appeal raised over 1500 pounds in less than a week which was far
more than we would have dreamed possible. However, having booked the
hauliers and got everything ready we had a letter from one of the owners
to say that the engine would not now be donated but placed on "permanent
loan". The other owner is still happy to donate but both need to agree.

This leaves us in a very difficult position. The costs of transport are
high enough but installing and restoring such a large engine will cost
the museum thousands of pounds. To spend this amount of money on an
engine the museum does not own would be an improper use of funds as the
owner could ask for the engine back at any time and that money would be
lost along with the engine.

We have explained our position and are awaiting a response.

If nothing changes by the end of the month we will work through all the
donations and return them. Very frustrating for us as we had such a good
response and will now feel awkward about trying such an appeal ever again.

Thanks again to all that helped and sent donations and messages of
support. We will send everyone who donated a full explanation at the end
of the month.

Thanks
Paul

--

Internal Fire Museum of Power

Castell Pridd, Tanygroes, Ceredigion, Wales, UK SA43 2JS

http://www.internalfire.com