[SEL] Great engine day

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 16:09:10 PST 2006

Yesterday was a great engine day.  For years I have passed by a historic home
near us and knew that Millie's (my wife) grandfather had installed the
original Delco light plant in the home.  The folks that lived there were very
private not letting anyone on the property. A lawyer friend has recently purchased
the property and yesterday I visited with him and the light plant is still
there, mostly intact in the plant house, minus the batteries, sorry to say.  It is
mine and I have a friend who is a light plant collector coming tomorrow to
help me evaluate it and determine a fair price to pay my friend. It will be an
easy extraction.  I do not have any light plants and really only want this one
due to the family ties. My friend is an attorney and is in the process of
starting renovations that will take the house to its original grandiose! Pictures
can be seen at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco1
http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco2
http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco3