[SEL] Re: Copper ring head gaskets

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Mar 14 05:53:06 PST 2006

Curt,
Paul P. has the original thread on making copper soft well documented.
<http://www.steamengine.com.au/ic/faq/annealing-copper.html>

But you asked about smoothness not softness, right?
I am guessing this is regular flat gasket material with some kind of
rolled copper ring at the inside edge? (Picture?)
Would the gasket hold up to filling in the bad places with some soft
solder? You could then work out the bad areas with a file.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC