[SEL] IHC M 3HP Indentification

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 08:51:41 PST 2006

Hi List,
The IHC M 3 HP, I acquired recently, has been identified as an  understrike
igniter model.  After getting the engine, I ordered and  received an IHC
manual.  There were several things in the manual that  didn't seem to make sense to
me.  The pictures of the cam mechanism (in the  manual) didn't look like the
same items on my engine.
Thanks through the efforts of Brian Mellon and DeWayne Boggs, they  were able
to correctly identify the engine.  DeWayne also let me know that  many of the
parts are unique to this engine and are NOT interchangeable with  other
igniter IHC M 3HP models.  I was just about to order some items for  the engine but
I wasn't fully positive they would fit.  It was I good  thing that I asked
about the incompatibilty between the manual (overstrike  model) and my engine
(understrike) before placing the order.
Since the engine came without an igniter, fuel pump, crankcase  breather, or
magneto, does anyone know where I obtain these  items?
The more I get into this hobby, the more I learn about other  collectors who
are willing to share their wealth of knowledge with others.   I also have
learned that engine manufacturers made design changes within the  same production
run which are not readily apparent to the novice (like  me).
Again thanks to the list for sharing.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA

-------------------------------1142268701

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV><STRONG>Hi List,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>The IHC M 3 HP, I acquired recently, has been identified as an=20
understrike igniter model.  After getting the engine, I ordered and=20
received an IHC manual.  There were several things in the manual that=20
didn't seem to make sense to me.  The pictures of the cam mechanism (in=
 the=20
manual) didn't look like the same items on my engine.  </STRONG></=

<DIV><STRONG>Thanks through the efforts of Brian Mellon and DeWayne Boggs, t=
hey=20
were able to correctly identify the engine.  DeWayne also let me know t=
hat=20
many of the parts are unique to this engine and are NOT interchangeable with=
=20
other igniter IHC M 3HP models.  I was just about to order some items f=
or=20
the engine but I wasn't fully positive they would fit.  It was I g=
ood=20
thing that I asked about the incompatibilty between the manual (overstrike=20
model) and my engine (understrike) before placing the order.=20
</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Since the engine came without an igniter, fuel pump, crankcase=20
breather, or magneto, does anyone know where I obtain these=20
items?</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>The more I get into this hobby, the more I learn about oth=
er=20
collectors who are willing to share their wealth of knowledge with others.&n=
bsp;=20
I also have learned that engine manufacturers made design changes within the=
=20
same production run which are not readily apparent to the novice (like=20
me).</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Again thanks to the list for sharing.=20
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=
><B>Francis=20
Maciel<BR>Santa Maria, CA</B></FONT></DIV></STRONG></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTM=