[SEL] Another engine recovered

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 11 17:36:11 PST 2006

We went for a little drive yesterday to recover another engine from the
wilds. I drove 1200km and was away from home for 17 hours to bring home
Ron's new toy, an 11hp Austral Oil Engine.
The engine has been partially dismantled and all the brass stolen for scrap.
We took both of our Nissans and both trailers as it is a substantial engine
and just a little too big for one trailer. We used the ramps and winch to
load the large transport wheels and the massive flywheels into my trailer
and used Ron's little crane to load the engine itself and the front
axle/turntable assembly into Ron's trailer. The engine itself without the
flywheels is almost 8 foot long!
The major bits missing are the transport rails, one axle, and all the
bearings. Any one got any parts for an 11hp Austral?
It was a long day but very successful :)
Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html