[SEL] Re: Falk piston pattern update

Dave Otto dotto at velocitus.net
Wed Mar 8 20:00:49 PST 2006

Hi all

I posted some pictures of the rocker arm patterns I have been working on. I
ordered a tapered end mill with a 5deg taper to generate the required draft.
This has worked well; I originally was going to cut them straight and then
sand the draft by hand. I quickly realized that wasn't going to work. The
tooling holes will be plugged before sending them to the foundry. The proper
letters will also be applied. I will try to post some pictures of the finial
product be for they go to he foundry.

Rick, if you check out the pictures can you tell me if you will be able to
cast these loose? If needed I think I can cut them in half in the mill using
a very thin jewelers saw, and mount them one a board.

Here is the link; http://community.webshots.com/album/548384271MxhLtk

Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Idaho