[SEL] Is a Rare Engine Worth a Case of Good Beer?

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Mar 8 15:03:23 PST 2006

Hiya Roger,

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Roger DiRuscio wrote:

> Arnie I guess I am about over this stationary engine thing. I will try and
> unsubscribe for a while

That's obviously a good idea.  You might consider therapy while you're at
it.  You appear to be pretty tightly wound at the moment.
Safety first - mind that the door doesn't hit you in the ass as you leave.

> It seems there are those who feel it ok to use this as a forum to raise
> money for their projects.

While you're gone you might look into remedial reading classes at your
local high school.  You clearly didn't comprehend a single word that I
wrote about this project.  Paul Evans DID NOT post to the list for fear of
winding up wankers such as yourself.  I have no involvement in the project
beyond finding it inspiring.  Having been on the list since its inception,
I've enjoyed the good feelings that come from working on other folks
projects (like the Tod) and contributing to good engine causes (like
Coolspring, Drake Well, Internal Fire, and the Anson).  Since I have NO
PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT WHATSOEVER (I put that all in caps in hopes that you
might be able to read it) with this project I'm quite happy to promote it
to the list.  Afterall if folks have a choice of contributing money to
save the whales or save a rare engine, I like to think that if
they're on THIS LIST they'd choose the latter.

So Roger, if you're delayed in unsubscribing, perhaps you'd share what
you've done lately to make the hobby a better place?

> Well I guess thats fine, Im tired of it and will unbind my shorts by
> unsubscribing for now
> I find your inference insulting also.

Which inference, exactly, did you find insulting?

That I inferred that you were a dolt because you couldn't read?
Or that I inferred that you wore panties because you had them in a bunch?
Or that I inferred that you were an idiot because you read 350 spam
messages per day and didn't do anything to correct that problem?

Somehow Roger I don't think I'm going to miss you.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Gee, wasn't that a pointless salutation.  He left...

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com