[SEL] IHC M 3 HP Status

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Tue Mar 7 17:36:20 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of
FRM8198 at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:11 PM
To: SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: [SEL] IHC M 3 HP Status

Snip

Using a heavy hammer, I pounded the other end
of this 2" x 4" until  the piston came out.
Now, I have to get rings freed and clean up the  piston.
Several people on the SmokStak Chat Room advised me on how to  proceed with
the above effort.  Without their input and encouragement, this  piston
removal
exercise wouldn't have happen so fast and with no breakage.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score one for the good guys!

Congratulations upon your success, Francis.  Thank you for describing the
technique.  I'll file it for future reference.

Keep us posted on your progress.  Restoration stories are a big part of our
hobby.

Best regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger