[SEL] Price on Ideal vertical engine?

Stojanov Dstojan1 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 06:45:16 PST 2006

Hello All,

I have a couple questions for you folks regarding an Ideal vertical.  First
off, my friend and I were over at another friend's house changing the
compressor oil and putting 134A in a restored Coke cooler about 2 years ago.
While there I spotted what looked to be flywheels in the back of his garage.
Yep! It was a vertical hopper cooled Ideal engine, about 3hp size.  Looked
a lot like a Novo.  I think the Ideal may have been missing some ignition
timer parts (which aren't a big deal), and it was stuck.  I beleive these
engines were a Gould Shapley and Muir design, if I'm not mistaken.  It has
come to the point where I'd like to get this engine, so I would like to give
him a fair price on it.  Any ideas what price range I should offer him?
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Tommy Stojanov