[SEL] Great people on this list.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Jun 30 02:49:31 PDT 2006

Hi All,
         I'd like to share an experience with you all. I've always said
that these engine lists have some of the greatest guys as members - well
Reg Ingold must be right there at the top of this list.

         I'm busy restoring a 1928 Wolseley Type R as many of you know.
About a month ago I posted en enquiry to the lists about the damaged
magneto gear. Reg mailed me and offered to make one up for me if I gave him
the sizes etc.

         Well I eventually managed to do the drawings yesterday and mailed
them to Reg at about 7:30 pm (South African time) last night.

         This morning at 7:20 am I logged on to get my mail expecting
something from Reg - possibly asking for a bit more info or suchlike -
maybe a missing size.

         Imagine my amazement when Reg's mail included pics of him making
the gear as well as a pic of the completed gear. Not only that but he had
already posted it and it was on it's way to me in S.A. All this and his
mail was sent within 8 hours of my original mail.

         Well done and thanks a million Reg - you're a great friend. I just
wish Bromps had given you this kind of service.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---