[SEL] House on the Rock, on topic

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 04:02:31 PDT 2006

Yep , Been there. I find it a fantastic place. Considering that it all started when a guy built a house for his bride around, beside and on top of a big rock in the woods. The way many of the displays are arranged and set up are very unique.Well worth the trip.
  Ron
Tim Christoff <tchristoff at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Did the family vacation thing (will be a few years before I attempt that
again) this past week with one of our stops being the House on the Rock in
Dodgeville WI. I've heard about the place for some years now and decided
that we would go and see it. Was about 4 1/2 hours into the tour of it
when I discovered some really BIG engines hanging around. Seems that this
guy who collected just about everything also collected some good sized
compound double acting engines, all direct connect to dyno's. The worst
part of it was that they were hard to see through all the other stuff there
and it looked as though someone had taken a disc sander and just went all
over them to clean off the rust and that's the way they were left. Seen
lots of traction engines there as well, some of them were even sitting
about 15 feet off of the floor on brackets coming off the walls. Any one
else been there and seen these engines?

Tim Christoff
Basehor Kansas

Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
 http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

  http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "

Yahoo! Groups gets better. Check out the new email design. Plus there’s much more to come.
--0-1345646929-1151319751=:87950

 worst<BR>part of it was that they were hard to see through all the other stuff there<BR>and it looked as though someone had taken a disc sander and just went all<BR>over them to clean off the rust and that's the way they were left. Seen<BR>lots of traction engines there as well, some of them were even sitting<BR>about 15 feet off of the floor on brackets coming off the walls. Any one<BR>else been there and seen these engines?<BR><BR>Tim Christoff<BR>Basehor Kansas<BR><BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>SEL mailing list<BR>SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com<BR>http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><BR><DIV>
<P>Ron Frost<BR>Kersey, PA<BR><A href="mailto:mrfrost at penn.com"> </A><A href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0">http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0</A></P>
<P><A href="http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=37549622"> <FONT color=#000000> </FONT></A><A href="http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846">http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846</A></P>
<P>" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "</P>
<P> </P></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Groups gets better. <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41142/*http://groups.yahoo.com/local/newemail.html">Check out the new email design.</a> Plus there’s much more to come.