[SEL] Re: Tractor pull action shot

Ian Browning isandian at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 23 00:37:24 PDT 2006

Hi all,
The comment below on the action shot says it all. Here in Australia we have
a widely accepted set of rules for tractor pulling, which among other
matters,
limits the height of the drawbar (to reduce the likelihood of the front
rearing up)
and requiring cessation of the pull as soon as the front wheels are
discernibly off the
ground. The insurance consequences of an injury or fatal accident are just
too
serious to contemplate!

<I have seen them higher Luke.  On a couple of occasions I've seen them
<in the air probably 5 ft, the tractor stops pulling the sled and the
<driver pushes in the clutch.  Bang, the front end hits the ground and it
<breaks it out from under the tractor.  In Louisville several years ago
<at the National Championship Pull, I saw a guy who wouldn't stop.  The
<front end kept rising until it finally flipped backwards.   Luckily he
<survived but was seriously injured.

Ian Browning
isandian at bigpond.net.au
Arcadia, NSW, Australia