[SEL] Re: Please help identify this engine /nowtractor pullpicture

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 22 16:30:41 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Orrin Iseminger" <oiseming at moscow.com>
To: "'The SEL email discussion list'" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: [SEL] Re: Please help identify this engine /nowtractor pullpicture

> Good idea.  Whew!  That's a relief.  I'm glad somebody addressed the
> problem.  Many people have been killed by tractors that end-overed onto the
> operator.  It's not an insignificant problem.
> Regards, Orrin

I still remember in 1978 when I went to my Danish friends museum for the first time.
He was trying to move a large horizontal engine into the museum building using a
tractor with a rear forklift type loader.
He could lift the engine enough to move the tractor forwards & back but the front wheels
were 6 Ins off the ground.
My English friend & I sat astride the bonnet of the tractor so that the front wheels were hard
enough on the ground that he could steer the tractor into the museum doorway.
Jens died a few years ago & is a deeply missed friend.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv