[sel] another old engine, closer to divorce

rex002 rex002 at centurytel.net
Tue Jun 20 14:42:30 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: rex002
To: rex002
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 7:30 PM
Subject: another old engine, closer to divorce

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rex002
  To: 'The SEL email discussion list'
  Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:49 PM

  Hi all;

  Picked up a Baker Monitor one and a quarter horse engine yesterday and it don't need any fixen , it runs has paint , What more could I ask for ?  The ole Dodge has three more bullet holes in it when my Wife saw me comming up the drive with the iron in the back (forth shot missed) . I guess she don't understand this engine will be worth millions next year :-)
     Anyway I met one of the coolest engine collectors in Wisconsin at the Plainfield Wi. show and made the deal ,Went to his home on Saturday for the Engine , he has many engines and tractors and demonstrated a few of his best , it made my day !,  We (a a friend with me) pulled a few ticks off his old black lab while he answerd the phone in his house and maeveled at all the engines in front of us , He came back out and showed us more of his collection  in three  more old sheads . Wow what a great guy , He is now added to my remember forever list , .
     I now own the Baker and will bring it to the Badger Steam And Gas Show in August ,  I still need a baker pump to hook to the monitor but should have one by then ,
     LIFE IS GOOD

  Rex