[SEL] OT dumb OT

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 10:19:08 PDT 2006

To get this a little closer to on-topic,,,,,

  Saturday I was in a museum in a small town that has a lot of my family history around it.
  In the basement an old guy that was walking around telling me about a lot of the stuff gave me a chuckle or two.

                           On topic comment below 8>))
  We walked up to a dishpan flywheeled FBM Z and I asked him why it was there.  You know,,, "Is there any special history connected to this engine?"
  The man said he didn't know anything about THAT engine,,, BUT, He did know the larger green one back there used to provide all the power for an old resort up the road.

  OK said I, let's go look at it.  I had remembered walking past a big green pump with a rather large electric motor on it,,,  I must have missed the engine,,,,

  We went back around a corner and sure enough he told me "this engine turns this generator."
  It took me a couple minutes to convince him that it was a motor powered pump instead of an engine powered generator.   8>)))))

  Alan

Jim and Diane <jd.kirkes at verizon.net> wrote:
  I went to a local parts house today thinking to get a new fuel filter for my
garden tractor. I asked "where do you keep the generic fuel filters?" she
answered "what kind of a car is that?"

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, CA , U.S.A.
jd.kirkes at verizon.net

--0-643583937-1150737548=:43348

		<hr size=1>How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone call rates.